Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability
The Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability brings a wide perspective in all the areas that you can modify during your daily day life and your business activities. You will learn to identify real problems and how to present tested and proven solutions. You will have the opportunity to work in real case scenarios while the theory will support your learning.
The course covers the skills and knowledge required to monitor and address environmental issues in a variety of industry sectors.
BSBSUS401 – Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
BSBSUS402 – Implement an environmental management plan
BSBSUS403 – Measure, monitor and reduce carbon emissions
BSBSUS404 – Assess, implement, monitor and report on waste management
BSBSUS501 – Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
BSBRSK401 – Identify risk and apply risk management processes
BSBSMB410 – Review and implement energy efficiency in business operations
BSBWHS402 – Assist with compliance with WHS laws
After achieving the Certificate IV, individuals may progress into Diploma / Advanced Diploma level studies or higher education degrees. Many graduates will also progress directly into relevant industry positions. Graduates will have the opportunity to receive credit transfer for specific units of competency through the articulation agreement between Envirotech Education and Australian Universities.
- Reduce carbon emissions by calculating, analysing and reducing resource use.
- Provide advice about the legislative duties, rights and obligations of individuals in work health and safety (WHS) legislation.
- Recommend methods to reduce water usage as part of a strategy to improve the sustainability of operations within an organisation.
- Develop waste management practices which support sustainable use of resources.
- Implement environmentally sustainable work practices and monitor their effectiveness.r
- Understand requirements of an organisational environmental management plan and implement them.
- Learn how does risks look like and apply risk management processes within the responsibilities and obligations of every role.
- Develop workplace sustainability policies and modify them depending the circumstances.
- Understand about energy usage and do energy efficiency plans for small business or within a larger organisation.
- Use rating tools to obtain a sustainability rating.