Diploma of Leadership and Management x58
Diploma of Leadership and Management provides students with management skills and knowledge, focusing on sustainability, technology, productivity, leadership, financial plans, human resources and business relationships.
Do you understand the difference between being a leader and being a manager? Do you know that this is perhaps the most important thing you should understand if you want to work with a team? Our exciting Diploma of Leadership and Management prepares you, not only to understand the difference between these two concepts but also to apply them practically. The programme provides students with management skills and knowledge, focusing on sustainability, technology, productivity, leadership, financial plans, human resources and business relationships. Graduates will develop advanced communication skills with both business contacts and work colleagues, to positively organisations and the business environment. Elective work placement training of 16 weekly hours available.
BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
BSBLDR511 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBLDR502 – Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
BSBMGT517 – Manage operational plan
BSBCUS501 – Manage quality customer service
BSBLED501 – Develop a workplace learning environment
BSBLDR513 – Communicate with influence
BSBMGT518 – Develop organisation policy
BSBMGT516 – Facilitate continuous improvement
BSBXCM501 – Lead communication in the workplace
The learner cohort for this program is domestic and international students who are looking to become professional managers and decision makers in a business environment.
The characteristics of the learner may include:
- People mainly in the age range of 20-35
- People with work experience in managerial or senior positions, who are looking to boost their career
- Business managers or business owners who are interested in qualify themselves
- People with internationally work experience in the management industry, who would like to gain Australian business and management experience, skills and knowledge.
- People from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Learners whose language skills are not at the level to obtain work or meet minimum entry requirements for the Australian workforce in the management and business industry;
- Certificate IV in SBM or other relevant certificate IV level courses graduates who are looking to develop their skills, knowledge and career opportunities in this industry.
Literacy and Numeracy Entry Requirements
Students must be competent in Literacy in order to fulfill course requirements. Students with English as a second language must have a minimum English level equivalent to 5.5 IELTS.
Envirotech has an internal English placement test available for international students internal LLN assessment. Students who require LLN support will be placed in assistance days in addition to their normal class schedule. LLN support will be coordinated directly with the academic support person for each individual student.
Learning 5, Reading 4, Writing 4, Oral Communication 4, Numeracy 3
Email and internet access
Learners must have access to internet and their email account supplied to Envirotech during the enrolment process after school hours. Envirotech provides its students with internet access at the Campus areas.
Learners must have and bring with them to class their own laptop computers which will be used in class and outside class to complete home projects and research activities. Envirotech provides students with daily loan laptops and working stations (Desktop computers).
Microsoft Office Package
Learners must have Microsoft Office 2010, a later version of Office or an equivalent software installed on their laptops.
Under Age Students
Learners must be 18 years or above.
While students participate in vocational placement and work-based training; they are required to adhere to the workplace dress code.
Pathways into the qualification
Learners may enter the program through a number of entry points demonstrating potential to undertake vocational education and training at diploma level, including:
- BSB40415 Certificate IV in Small Business Management, BSB41015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management, or other relevant qualification
- Vocational experience in the management field must be demonstrated prior to entering this course when no previous formal qualification in the management field has been completed.
After achieving this Diploma program, individuals may progress into higher education, including an Advanced Diploma or Bachelor Degree. Many graduates, however, will progress directly into relevant industry positons.
Pathways through the qualification may include:
- Full-time or part-time study with a registered training organisation
- Face-to-face study
- Institution-based training
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
- Executive Manager
- Human Resources (Strategy)
- Senior Executive
The mode of the delivery for this programme is a mixture of different modes. The programme combines face to face, online and self-assessment delivery. Assessment and projects are designed to develop and encourage learning with trainer presentations and tutorials. This blended delivery structure provides learners with the opportunity to practice their skills and knowledge and networking with other learners. The mode of delivery in this programme supports mandatory visa requirements for international students, being the main cohort for this program, and will provide a combination of at least 75% face to face delivery.
Students will be granted recognition of prior learning for a unit of competency, if they are able to demonstrate that they gained the relevant vocational competencies and can meet the unit performance criteria, skills and knowledge and provide sufficient.